- November 9, 2023
Tuesday 28th November, 10am - 6pm
About the Careers Day
- You are warmly invited to our showcase of some of the amazing career opportunities available here at The Carnegie Club.
- You'll have the chance to get a real feel for both the working and guest environments here at Skibo, meet our team, and enjoy some delicious samples from the kitchen!
- We are actively recruiting across our Food & Beverage and Kitchen teams (and you can find details of those roles on our Available Positions page) but are always open to speculative applications for our other departments, and our Careers Day offers a unique opportunity to find out about the range of roles here at Skibo!
Who we are looking for
- With over 20 departments and full-time, part-time and casual posts available, we are looking for friendly, enthusiastic team players just like you!
- The Carnegie Club employs some 200 staff across a wide range of skills. If you feel that you would make an excellent addition to the Skibo family then we warmly encourage you to get in touch.
- Regardless of your career history or qualifications, if you enjoy being part of a team, take pride in a job well done and have a positive attitude then we want to hear from you.
What we can offer you
- Industry-leading salary packages – the base rate of pay at the Club is £11.10 p/h
- Share of gratuities and service charge equating to around £4,000 per year (see next section for details)
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata), with the opportunity to sell five days back
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave Pay
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Hot beverages on shift – whether you like cappuccinos or a peppermint tea, we've got you covered
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Blackhawk Discounts
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- Generous 'refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events – for example are our colleagues Christmas lunch, our annual 'Get Together' party, colleague Christmas sale, and much, much more!
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate may be available, depending on circumstances. Find out more here.
"We are so excited to welcome some new faces to Skibo at our Careers Day. There are many different roles and departments here, and you'll be able to meet our team and find out what a 'day in the life' is like for a Skibo colleague. We hope that you can join us!"
Rheanna Mackay, People & Culture Partner
Gratuities and the Service Charge
Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
It is estimated that in 2023, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
Book your slot
So that we can give you more information and tailor your time with us, please email email@example.com ahead of the Recruitment Day letting us know –
- Your name
- Your preferred time to visit
- The department(s) you are interested in talking to (you can find a full list of departments at Skibo here)
A member of our People & Culture team will then help to arrange your visit and answer any questions that you may have.
We look forward to meeting you soon!