- November 15, 2023
- Closing Date For Applications:
- November 29, 2023
£26,604.40 including gratuities and service charge (see below for full details).
The Night Team at Skibo
- Providing the very best service to our members and guests is at the heart of everything we do, and our Night Team are essential to ensuring our customer experience and guests safety is provided 24/7.
- As part of the Front of House department, our Night Porters and Night Supervisors are responsible for a wide range of both security and customer-focused tasks including estate patrols, building checks, answering the telephone, guest service provision and fire prevention.
About the role
- The Night Porter reports to the Night Supervisor and together you'll work as a team to ensure the smooth running of the Club overnight.
- You'll provide residents with hospitality services as and when required, such as room service, late check-ins and early departures, dealing with any requests promptly and professionally.
- You'll run the night audit, prepare reports and investigate and reconcile any out of balance situations in the system.
- You'll work with the Night Supervisor to safeguard the Club's security through the night, conducting security patrols and checks both in the castle and around the wider estate. In the event of a fire, you'll act as fire marshal.
- You'll prepare both front- and back-of-house areas for the following day, including the cleaning of fireplaces, checking that golf buggies and cars are ready for use, and generally ensuring the public areas of the club look spick and span for the morning.
- You'll man the Club's telephone switchboard once the late receptionist has finished, and will be the main point of contact for anyone staying in-house overnight.
- Overall, you'll help to ensure the welfare and safety of all guests and team members who are resident at the Club.
Who we are looking for
- First and foremost, you're an enthusiastic team player who can be relied on to be professional and pro-active.
- We can depend on you to be discreet, reliable and responsible, and you stay calm under pressure.
- You'll enjoy working with others, yet you can be trusted to carry out tasks unsupervised and make the use of your own initiative.
- You've a good level of education and are computer literate, ideally with experience of Microsoft Office. Any hotel reservation system experience is a bonus, as is a first aid certificate.
- Overall, you're positive, friendly and co-operative, and enjoy working with colleagues to ensure our guests receive the best service possible.
As this role involves driving on the estate, you must have a full, clean UK driving licence.
Our Night Porters work on a seven-night-on/seven-night-off rota with working hours from 21:00 - 07:00.
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see next section for details
- 33 days annual leave pro rata
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
"What I love most about being a Night Porter at Skibo is the real sense of accomplishment you get each morning, having achieved another successful shift. I also love the changes you see as you drive around the estate, both from sunset to sunrise and as the seasons change through the year. It really is a beautiful place to work."
Kieran Day, Night Supervisor
About gratuities and service charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2023, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via Facebook Messenger.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: November 29, 2023
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.