- July 25, 2022
- Closing Date For Applications:
- August 25, 2022
Salary - £27,920 starting rate, with opportunity to increase after 6-12 months, inclusive of Service Charge + Gratuities (details below)
The Kitchens at Skibo
- Our seasonal menus are ingredient-led, utilising the incredible range of home-grown produce available from the Club's gardens including strawberries, raspberries, apples, plums, pears and gages, as well as the estate's own honey.
- We offer a variety of culinary styles across the Club from Brasserie-style dishes at lunch to fine dining in the evenings and have a holistic approach to the food we serve - we bake our own bread and pastries, and even tap the estate's birch trees for syrup.
- There are fantastic opportunities for training and development, including placements at internationally renowned establishments both here in the UK and abroad.
- At The Carnegie Club, we recognise that happy staff equal happy guests. In the Kitchen, chefs work 40 hours per week and there are no split shifts so you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance. As part of the Skibo family you will also enjoy our comprehensive package of benefits.
- The chefs at Skibo are passionate about food. Executive Chef Craig Rowland, a Fellow of the prestigious Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, oversees our brigade of talented professionals who create mouth-watering classic and innovative dishes.
- Our chefs work across our two modern kitchens – equipped with best and latest equipment, the first in the castle which is a spacious and airy space flooded with natural day light throughout the day thanks to its cathedral-style windows, and the second (which won a design and quality award) is an open plan design at the Clubhouse.
About The Role
- Our Pastry team bring their knowledge, skills and drive to support their fellow chefs in the day to day running of our kitchens.
- They learn the secrets of long-standing Skibo favourites as well as contribute to the design and development of new seasonal dishes.
- From prep to the pass, they work to the highest of standards ensuing orders are presented with the care and attention to detail our members come to expect of our world-class club.
Who We Are Looking For
- You are friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking.
- You are a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- Ideally you will have previous experience within a high-quality establishment, but a willingness to learn is more important.
- You have a genuine passion for pastry and take pride in working to the highest of standards.
- You are willing to learn and take direction, and are keen to progress your role through training and development.
About Gratuities & Service Charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2022, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
'Working in the kitchens at Skibo is really enjoyable. Everyone is relaxed and even on busy days the team all pull together to make sure the dishes are top notch. It's also the most flexible kitchen I've ever worked in, with straight shifts as standard, and days off and holidays worked around me.'
Chloe Hay, Pastry Chef de Partie
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see previous section for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate is available for £190 per month inclusive of electric, heating, Wi-Fi and council tax. Find out more here.
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via text message or WhatsApp on 07436816089, or via Facebook Messenger.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: August 25, 2022
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.