- June 13, 2022
- Closing Date For Applications:
- August 31, 2022
Starting from £10.25 p/h + gratuities + service charge
Full-time, part-time and casual contracts available
Housekeeping at The Carnegie Club
- More than changing sheets and dusting sideboards, the housekeeping team here at Skibo provide members and guests with a comfortable home-from-home experience during their stay.
- There are a variety of daily roles required from this dynamic department in many areas across the estate, from cleaning castle bedrooms and family lodges to polishing the woodwork in the front hall and organising dry cleaning requests.
- Our room attendants ensure every aspect of the club is sparkling like a new pin and ready for our members' arrival.
About the role
- From family photos and jars of home-baked shortbread by their bedside, to their preference of duvet or bedsheets, your caring attention to detail will ensure our members feel unique, valued and eager to return to Skibo.
- Alongside your department colleagues, you should be ready to pro-actively respond to any requests from our guests and be willing to go the extra mile to ensure their needs are met.
- Working mainly in the castle and in the family lodges around the estate, the housekeeping team work hard to ensure our accommodation is presented in line with the club's high standards.
Who we are looking for
- You're friendly, enthusiastic and enjoy meeting new people.
- You're a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- Ideally you have some experience in a venue such as a guest house or hotel, but if not don't worry – our team will be happy to help you with your training.
- You are willing to learn and take direction, and are keen to progress your role through training and development.
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see below for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate is available for £190 per month inclusive of electric, heating, Wi-Fi and council tax. Find out more here.
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
"Working in the housekeeping team at Skibo keeps you on your toes! No two days are the same and you meet some really lovely people."
Sheelagh Birt, Room Attendant
About Gratuities and Service Charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2022, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via text message or WhatsApp on 07436816089, or via Facebook Messenger.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: August 31, 2022
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.