- July 25, 2022
- Closing Date For Applications:
- August 24, 2022
£11 p/h + Gratuities + Service Charge - please see below
Full-time or Part-time role available
The Kitchen at Skibo
- As one of our guests once said, 'Breakfast is the most important meal at Skibo', as it is often the last meal enjoyed before our members and guests depart at the end of their stay.
- Our seasonal breakfast menus are ingredient-led, utilising the incredible range of produce available locally such as dry-cured bacon and free-range eggs, as well as oranges freshly juiced each day and delicate pastries lovingly created by our experienced baker.
- At The Carnegie Club, we recognise that happy staff equal happy guests. In the Kitchen there are no split shifts, so you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance. As part of the Skibo family you will also enjoy our comprehensive package of benefits.
- The chefs, pastry chefs and bakery team at Skibo are passionate about food, and it shows through on the plate. Executive Chef Craig Rowland oversees our brigade of talented professionals who create mouth-watering classic and innovative dishes for every meal of the day.
- Our chefs work across our two modern kitchens – equipped with best and latest equipment, the first in the castle which is an airy space flooded with natural day light thanks to its cathedral-style windows, and the second (which won a design and quality award) open plan kitchen located at the Clubhouse.
About the role
- As a key member of our culinary team you will bring your knowledge and skills to produce delicious, high quality breakfast dishes to set our members and guests up for the day.
- You'll learn the secrets of long-standing Skibo favourites as well as contribute to the design and development of new seasonal menus.
- From prep to the pass, you will work to the highest of standards ensuing orders are presented with the care and attention to detail our members come to expect of our club.
Who we are looking for
- You're an early riser!
- You're friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking.
- You're a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- You've a genuine passion for cooking and take pride in the dishes you create.
- You're willing to learn and take direction - previous experience of a hospitality kitchen is not necessary, as you'll get plenty of good training and support from our experienced team.
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see below for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate is available for £190 per month inclusive of electric, heating, Wi-Fi and council tax. Find out more here.
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
"We understand that work-life balance is really important, so there are no split shifts in the kitchens at Skibo - it leaves plenty of time for our team members to enjoy their time away from work!"
Craig Rowland, Executive Chef
About gratuities & service charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2022, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via text message or WhatsApp on 07436816089, or via Facebook Messenger.
Or email email@example.com to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: August 24, 2022
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.