Chef de Partie
- September 20, 2023
- Closing Date For Applications:
- November 28, 2023
£29,000 inclusive of gratuities + service charge (see below for details)
Full-time [40 hours per week]
Accommodation available on the Skibo estate
The Kitchen at Skibo
- Our seasonal menus are ingredient-led, utilising the incredible range of home-grown produce available from the club's own gardens as well as fish, shellfish and game sourced right here on our doorstep.
- We offer a variety of culinary styles across the Club from Brasserie-style dishes at lunch to fine dining in the evenings and have a holistic approach to the food we serve - we bake our own bread, cure our own salmon and even tap the estate's birch trees for syrup.
- There are fantastic opportunities for training and development, including placements at internationally renowned establishments both here in the UK and abroad.
- At The Carnegie Club, we recognise that happy staff equal happy guests. In the Kitchen, chefs work 40 hours per week and there are no split shifts so you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance. As part of the Skibo family you will also enjoy our comprehensive package of benefits.
- The chefs, pastry chefs and bakery team at Skibo are passionate about food, and it shows through on the plate. Executive Chef Craig Rowland, a Fellow of the prestigious Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, oversees our brigade of talented professionals who create mouth-watering classic and innovative dishes.
- Our chefs work across our two modern kitchens – equipped with best and latest equipment, the first in the castle which is a large, airy space flooded with natural daylight thanks to its cathedral-style windows, and the second (which won a design and quality award) is an open plan kitchen located at the Clubhouse.
About the role
- As a key member of our culinary team you will bring your knowledge, skills and drive to support your fellow chefs in the day to day running of our kitchens.
- You'll learn the secrets of long-standing Skibo favourites as well as contribute to the design and development of new seasonal dishes.
- From prep to the pass, you will work to the highest of standards ensuing orders are presented with the care and attention to detail our members come to expect of our world-class club.
Who we are looking for
- You're friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking.
- You're a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- You have previous experience as a Chef de Partie within a high-quality establishment, and are able to present and plate imaginative and attractive dishes.
- You have a genuine passion for cooking and take pride in working to the highest of standards.
- You're willing to learn and take direction, and are keen to progress your role through training and development.
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see below for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate is available for £205.83 per month inclusive of electric, heating, Wi-Fi and council tax. Find out more here.
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
"We understand that work-life balance is really important, so we offer a 40-hour work week and there are no split shifts in the kitchens at Skibo - it leaves plenty of time for our chefs to get out and enjoy the Highlands!"
Craig Rowland, Executive Chef
About gratuities & service charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2023, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via Facebook Messenger.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: November 28, 2023
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.