Join Our Kitchen Team
- October 17, 2023
- Closing Date For Applications:
- November 30, 2023
Industry-leading salary packages, starting from £27,088 (inc gratuities + service charge) for Kitchen Assistants and increasing according to role and experience
Various positions and contracts available
Accommodation available on the Skibo estate
The Kitchen at Skibo
- The chefs at Skibo are passionate about food. Executive Chef Craig Rowland, a Fellow of the prestigious Royal Academy of Culinary Arts, oversees our brigade of talented professionals who create mouth-watering classic and innovative dishes.
- From our Kitchen Assistants who support the team with vegetable prep, mis-en-place and gathering produce from the garden to the Senior Sous Chefs, who oversee the daily running of the department and ensure that each dish presented to our guests is impeccable, each member of our brigade plays an integral role in the creation of the delicious dishes that make a stay at Skibo so special for our members.
- With seasonal menus focussed on home-grown and locally sourced ingredients, our members enjoy a mix of old favourites and innovative new dishes each time they visit. As a team, we pride ourselves on always striving to exceed expectations and continually improve and finesse our menus.
- Our seasonal menus are ingredient-led, utilising the incredible range of home-grown produce available from the Club's gardens including fruits, vegetables, herbs and edible flowers, as well as the estate's own honey.
- We offer a variety of culinary styles across the Club from Brasserie-style dishes at lunch to fine dining in the evenings and have a holistic approach to the food we serve - we bake our own bread, cure our own salmon, and even tap the estate's birch trees for syrup.
- There are fantastic opportunities for training and development for our chefs, including placements at internationally renowned establishments both here in the UK and abroad.
- At The Carnegie Club, we recognise that happy staff equal happy guests. In the Kitchen, chefs work 40 hours per week and there are no split shifts so you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance. As part of the Skibo family you’ll also enjoy our comprehensive package of benefits, including 33 days of annual leave.
- Our chefs work across our two modern kitchens, each equipped with highest quality equipment. In the castle, chefs work in a spacious and airy space which is flooded with natural light throughout the day thanks to its cathedral-style windows, while the award-winning kitchen at the Clubhouse is open-plan and boasts views out over the championship Carnegie Links golf course and Sutherland hills beyond.
Opportunities in the Skibo Kitchen
- After an incredible 2022, we are looking forward to another busy year at Skibo and we’re seeking individuals to join our Kitchen team.
- We’ve a range of roles within the department that we can match your skills and experience to, from complete novice to established professional, each with fantastic opportunities for development and progression:
- Kitchen Assistant
- Apprentice Chef
- Commis Chef
- Demi Chef de Partie / Chef de Partie / Senior Chef de Partie
- Pastry Chef / Head Pastry Chef
- Junior Sous Chef / Sous Chef / Senior Sous Chef / Executive Sous Chef
- In whichever role you join our brigade, you’ll bring your knowledge, skills and drive to support your team members in the day to day running of our kitchens.
- You'll learn the secrets of long-standing Skibo favourites as well as contribute to the design and development of new seasonal dishes.
- From prep to the pass, you’ll work to the highest of standards ensuing orders are presented with the care and attention to detail our members come to expect of our world-class club.
Who we are looking for
- You’re friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking.
- You’re a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- Ideally, you’ll have previous experience within a high-quality establishment, but a willingness to learn is more important.
- You have a genuine passion for cooking and take pride in working to the highest of standards.
- You’re willing to learn and take direction, and are keen to progress your role through training and development.
"We understand that work-life balance is really important, so we offer a 40-hour work week and there are no split shifts in the kitchens at Skibo - it leaves plenty of time for our chefs to get out and enjoy the Highlands!"
Craig Rowland, Executive Chef
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see next section for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate is available for £205.83 per month inclusive of electric, heating, Wi-Fi and council tax. Find out more here.
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- Generous 'refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
About gratuities & service charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2023, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via Facebook Messenger.
Or email email@example.com to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: November 30, 2023
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.