- November 10, 2023
- Closing Date For Applications:
- November 24, 2023
£28,000 inc. service charge + gratuities (see below for details)
Maintenance at The Carnegie Club
- Our Property Maintenance team is essential to the smooth running of the Club, which makes a stay at Skibo so special for our members and guests.
- The department looks after the Club’s extensive property portfolio, keeping the buildings and amenities on our 8,000-acre estate in excellent order.
- The team is responsible for the care of Skibo’s listed buildings (including the castle which can trace its foundations back to the 1200s), historic buildings like the swimming pool and Equestrian Centre that have been sensitively restored and upgraded, and contemporary structures such as the Golf Clubhouse.
About the role
- As our maintenance assistant, you'll carry out a wide range of maintenance tasks including plumbing, joinery and general repair work across the club's property portfolio.
- You'll liaise with the Property Manager and guest service departments to agree a scheduled work programme that is carried out at times that has the least impact on our in-house members and guests.
- You'll undertake responsive tasks as and when required, such as emergency repairs, fault finding, heating controls and damage fixes.
- You'll determine the most cost-effective approach to each job, keeping in mind the required finish.
- You'll liaise, work alongside and support your fellow department colleagues, as well as external trades people.
- You'll provide supervision and guidance to trade apprentices as and when required.
Who we are looking for
- You're dependable, organised and conscientious, and you take pride in seeing a job well done.
- You're a great team player, but can be trusted to show initiative and can be trusted to work pro-actively on your own.
- You're able to prioritise your workload and meet deadlines when required.
- You'll ideally have experience in the use of off-loading equipment for deliveries, and can lift, work from height and work in differing conditions.
- You've a good knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations and ideally hold a current First Aid certificate.
- You're I.T. literate and are happy using Microsoft Office software for reporting and maintaining records.
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see next section for details
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- Generous 'refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
“Our maintenance assistants play a key role within the facilities department. Along with fellow maintenance team members they seek to keep this historical castle and estate in prime condition and ready to deliver the wow factor to our members. No two days are ever the same, there is always something new and different to develop, and we have some very interesting project coming up. Join us in keeping Scottish history alive”.
James Montgomery, Property Manager
About Gratuities and Service Charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2023, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via Facebook Messenger.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: November 24, 2023
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.