- July 25, 2022
- Closing Date For Applications:
- August 26, 2022
£29,355, inclusive of service charge and gratuities (see below)
Food and Beverage at The Carnegie Club
- Our Food and Beverage waiting team prepare beautiful coffees, mix ice-cold G&T's and serve delicious meals to our members and guests.
- As one of the largest departments at the club, the Food and Beverage team are a friendly, enthusiastic bunch of all ages and levels of experience, from both the local area and further afield.
- Working across the estate, this dynamic team provides food and drinks service in a variety of locations. From breakfast and afternoon tea in the castle to lunch at the golf clubhouse, our butlers may also be asked to provide refreshments at, for example, the clay shooting range or up on the moorland to the north of the estate. Every day is different!
- At The Carnegie Club, we recognise that happy staff equal happy guests. There are no split shifts so you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
- Our Restaurant Supervisors are an essential part of the Food & Beverage department, ensuring the smooth running of service to our members and guests throughout the day.
- Working alongside your colleagues in both F&B and other departments including the Kitchen and Front of House, you'll assist the department's managers in the running of the waiting team, leading by example and ensuring standards are kept high.
- You'll work closely with your colleagues in the kitchen, liaising on the service of food during breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and/or dinner.
- Depending on which shift you're on, you'll be required to attend the morning or afternoon operational meetings, communicating the daily status of the department to fellow team leaders from across the club.
- Your daily task list will include the administration of stock checks and inventories, quality controls, menu presentation, wine tasting and receipt of deliveries.
- You'll help to raise quality through the supervision and training of F&B team members.
- Part of your role will be to communicate face to face with our members and guests, listening to their needs and ensuring they have the very best Skibo experience throughout their stay.
Who we are looking for
- You're friendly, enthusiastic and enjoy meeting new people.
- You're a team-player and love working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- You have supervisory, team leading experience in Food and Beverage at a venue such as a restaurant or hotel.
- You're comfortable and have experience working with Microsoft Office programmes including Word and Excel.
- You might have completed an apprenticeship, internship or other qualification in hospitality which is fantastic, but it's not essential.
- You are willing to learn and take direction, and are keen to progress your role through your own training and development.
"I've been employed at Skibo for 15 years, and still love coming in to work each day - you never know who you will meet or what will happen."
Caroline MacDonald, Front of House Butler
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see previous section for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- Accommodation on the Skibo estate is available for £190 per month inclusive of electric, heating, Wi-Fi and council tax. Find out more here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
About Gratuities and Service Charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2022, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via text message or WhatsApp on 07436816089, or via Facebook Messenger.
Or email email@example.com to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: August 26, 2022
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.