Senior Waiting Staff
- July 27, 2023
- Closing Date For Applications:
- November 30, 2023
£27,812 - £28,252.80 inclusive of gratuities + service charge (see below for details)
Full-time, part-time and casual contracts available
Food & Beverage at The Carnegie Club
- Our Food & Beverage waiting team prepare beautiful coffees, mix ice-cold G&T's and serve delicious meals to our members and guests.
- As one of the largest departments at the Club, the Food & Beverage team are a friendly, enthusiastic bunch of all ages and levels of experience, from both the local area and further afield.
- Working across the estate, this dynamic team provides food and drinks service in a variety of locations. From breakfast and afternoon tea in the castle to lunch at the golf clubhouse, our butlers may also be asked to provide refreshments at, for example, the clay shooting range or up on the moorland to the north of the estate. Every day is different!
- At The Carnegie Club, we recognise that happy staff equal happy guests. There are no split shifts so you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
- Our senior waiting staff – known at the Club as Butler Rank 3 – are a key part of the club's Food & Beverage team, and with their experience and impeccable attention to detail are central to delivering the Skibo experience to our guests.
- Working alongside your colleagues in F&B and other departments including the Kitchen and Front of House, you'll assist with food and drink service at the Club. Depending on your shift, that might mean serving breakfast in the castle, taking lunch orders at the Clubhouse or serving dinner.
- You might also be tasked with preparing the dining rooms for service, offer guidance to guests picking a suitable wine to accompany their meal, as well as general departmental assistance.
- As senior waiting staff, you will support the training of new team members through shadowing where you will lead by example.
- If you would like to develop your career at the Club, the next steps within the F&B department would be to progress to Restaurant Supervisor and then to Restaurant Manager.
Who we are looking for
- You're a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- You hold an SVQ level 2 in hospitality and/or have experience working in a 3*+ hotel, private club or similar establishment.
- You have experience in a variety of food service styles including A la Carte, banqueting and silver service.
- You also have a comprehensive knowledge of fine wines, cocktails and spirits.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are professional and polite, able to communicate with both your fellow team members and the Club’s guests. You inspire your colleagues with your dedication and positive attitude.
- As The Carnegie Club welcomes members from all across the world to Skibo, the ability to speak a second language is desirable.
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see next section for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
"What I love most about working at Skibo is the chance to meet people from all over the world. I really enjoy the mix of fine dining and relaxed brasserie-style service that we offer as it means the job has a lot of variety. I've also had the opportunity to train and develop during my time at the Club, and have recently gained a qualification in wine tasting."
Butler, Rank 3
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
About gratuities and service charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2023, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via Facebook Messenger.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: November 30, 2023
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.