- July 25, 2022
- Closing Date For Applications:
- August 24, 2022
Starting from £10.25 p/h + gratuities + service charge
Full-time, part-time and casual contracts available
Food and Beverage at The Carnegie Club
- Our Food and Beverage waiting team prepare beautiful coffees, mix ice-cold G&T's and serve delicious meals to our members and guests.
- As one of the largest departments at the club, the Food and Beverage team are a friendly, enthusiastic bunch of all ages and levels of experience, from both the local area and further afield.
- Working across the estate, this dynamic team provides food and drinks service in a variety of locations. From breakfast and afternoon tea in the castle to lunch at the golf clubhouse, our butlers may also be asked to provide refreshments at, for example, the clay shooting range or up on the moorland to the north of the estate. Every day is different!
- At The Carnegie Club, we recognise that happy staff equal happy guests. There are no split shifts so you can enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
- Our waiting staff are part of the club's Food & Beverage team and are central to delivering the Skibo experience to our guests.
- Your duties will vary every day - that's what makes working at Skibo interesting! Depending on your shift you might serve breakfast in the castle, make coffee at the Clubhouse and take and deliver orders at lunch. The next day you could be mixing a signature Skibo cocktail, setting tables for evening meals, pouring Champagne in the drawing room, or serving dinner in the Castle.
- You will gain valuable experience in food, wines and whiskies, as well as developing your communication and interpersonal skills.
Who we are looking for
- You're friendly, enthusiastic and enjoy meeting new people.
- You're a team-player and enjoy working alongside colleagues in what can be a fast-paced environment.
- Ideally you have waiting experience in a venue such as a restaurant or hotel, but if not don't worry – our expert team will be happy to help you with your training.
- You might have completed an apprenticeship, internship or other qualification in hospitality which is fantastic, but again it's not essential.
- You are willing to learn and take direction, and are keen to progress your role through training and development.
What we can offer you
- Share of gratuities and service charge see next section for details
- 33 days annual leave
- Meals on shift are provided free of charge
- Uniform provided
- Access to staff benefit scheme
- For team members who otherwise would not be able to travel to Skibo, the Club offers a staff transport service. Details can be found here.
- Complimentary use of staff gym and fitness classes
- Discounted estate activities including quad biking and horse riding
- Discount in the club shop
- 'Refer a friend' bonus scheme
- Staff events
"I've been employed at Skibo for 15 years, and still love coming in to work each day - you never know who you will meet or what will happen."
Caroline MacDonald, Front of House Butler
About Gratuities and Service Charge
- Gratuities (tips) and service charge (an additional charge added to room rates and other services at the Club that is passed directly to staff) are paid to all employees on a pro-rata basis regardless of their role.
- It is estimated that in 2022, full-time staff can expect to receive around £4,000 in addition to their annual salary.
How to Apply
Click this button to fill in a short application form.
You can contact us directly via text message or WhatsApp on 07436816089, or via Facebook Messenger.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. CVs will also be accepted.
Closing Date For Applications: August 24, 2022
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
We are committed to making our recruitment process as inclusive and welcoming as we can for everyone, no matter who you are or where you’re from. If there is anything at all we can do to help you feel comfortable and show off your best side during the process, please do let us know.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to Skibo Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this job position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.